Jo Clayton yoga
'“ Yoga allows you to find inner peace that is not ruffled and riled by the endless stresses and struggles of life” BKS Iyengar
470 New Cross Rd
London SE14 6TJ
Thursday 16th May 8.15-9.45pm General/Restful practice
Saturday 18th May 6.30- 7.30pm Beginners/General
Saturday 25th May 9.00-10.30am Beginners/General
Saturday 1st June 6.30-7.30pm Beginners/General
Saturday 15th June 6.30-7.30pm Beginners/General
I have been practising Iyengar yoga since 2008 and trained at the Iyengar Yoga institute at Maida Vale in London. I qualified in 2017 and hold an introductory Level 2 certificate. I have since been twice to India to further my studies with Swati and Rajiv Chanchani and currently attend regular classes and workshops with senior Iyengar teachers.
It wasn’t until I discovered the Iyengar method of yoga that the subject came alive for me. For someone with a scattered and impatient mind, the attention to detail and deep concentration experienced whilst practising has ultimately shown me how to quieten an unruly mind. The added bonus is a body that grows in strength, flexibility and stamina to aid me throughout life.
As a teacher, my aim is to transfer and share all these learnings, passing on the long lasting benefits of yoga!
WHY IYENGAR YOGA ?
Safe: BKS Iyengar devised a safe methodical progression of yoga postures to be accessible to everyone. Yoga props such as blankets, belts and blocks are often used to allow everyone to do the poses regardless of their limitations.
High Teaching Standards: To become an Iyengar teacher requires years of study and dedication to the subject so a high standard can be expected. Teachers are required to continue to deepen their practice by attending workshops and regular classes with senior teachers.
Mind & Body: The Iyengar yoga method emphasises precision and alignment enabling you to move with ease in your body with the correct actions. Concentration is honed and so the mind becomes integrated with the body.
To read more about BKS Iyengar follow these links:
The BKS Iyengar official website www.bksiyengar.com
Iyengar Yoga Association UK www.iyengaryoga.org.uk
Iyengar Yoga Institute Maida Vale www.iyi.org.uk
Things to know before coming to a class
- Please arrive early for your first class in order to fill out a one-off medical declaration form. Your information will be kept strictly private and confidential.
- Wear light clothing, t-shirt, shorts or leggings.
- Fluids may be drunk up to 30 mins before class. No water should be drunk during class unless absolutely necessary.
- Try to leave 3-4 hours between meals and a yoga class. A light meal is ok 2 hours before.
- Please turn off mobile phones or set them to ‘do not disturb’. Let the teacher know if you need to have your phone on for any specific reason